Bridges make your butt and abs strong which helps heal back pain. They are the number one exercise used to heal distal and proximal hamstring injuries, like pulls, tears and even tendinopathy. Bridges strengthen the hamstrings, glutes, abs, pelvic floor and triceps muscles without any pulling, jarring, or high impact. For many of us, it's the first time we find our pelvic floor. I'll break it down to make it easier for you to do in class!
6 keys to bridges:
1.Maintain a neutral spine
2. Keep your feet under your knees
3. Engage your pelvic floor (pee muscle)
4. Use lateral breathing to maintain your abdominal contraction (squeeze from your pubic bone to your ribs)
5. Squeeze your glutes (buns tight)
6. Keep your shoulder blades ON THE FLOOR
Exhale Up. Inhale Down.
Squeeze at the top. Squeeze at the bottom.
No back bend. Keep Your shoulder blades on the floor. Neutral Spine.
MAKE IT BURN
Small Business Saturday is on and poppin' on Saturday, November 24th. Join us for free classes and special sales the Saturday after Thanksgiving!
We love you all so much and are excited to show our gratitude to this amazing yoga community by offering free classes for you and your friends and family and special discounts on gift cards and accessories.
OPEN HOUSE Saturday 11/24
Build-a-basket Retail and Gift Card Sale
Annual Membership Sale- $1105- 10 ONLY!
Intro Special Sale- $20
Save your spot in the free classes below!
9:30 Bikram Method Marla
12 pm Inferno Hot Pilates Autumn
2:00 pm Hot 26+ Alex
ONE DAY ONLY--SALE SALE SALE--ONE DAY ONLY
Build-a-Basket Retail and Gift Card Sale- buy 3 retail or GC items and get 20% off/buy 5 and get 25% off/ buy 7 and get 30% off
ONLY 10 OF THESE FOR SALE--Annual Membership Sale- $1105- includes a private lesson/15% off retail/1 Waymat--ONLY 10 OF THESE FOR SALE
Intro Special Sale- Buy the $30 for 30 Days Intro Special for $20 for any first timer
“Give me 30 days, I’ll change your body. Give me 60 days. I’ll change your life.”
Here’s the truth about transformation no one wants to tell you.
Being hydrated is a way to prepare for yoga and pilates classes. If you are pounding water before class STOP! These 3 things will help you!
1. USE YOUR CHANGE PURSE! What? Yeah. My gramma always told me to keep my change in a change purse and I’d always have a “little something” if I was short on cash. Water works in a similar way! How? Well, it takes about 60-70 minutes for water to hit your organs and be ready for use. If you pound water before class, your body can’t even use it until you’re almost done. Put the water in WAY before. Start the night before class and/or during the day before you go. That way your body has plenty of water to function when you add intense exercise. When you reach for your change purse, you want to hear it jingle.
Saturday 9/15 & Sunday 9/16
EVERYONE HAS THE OPTION TO OPT-IN TO A SPECIAL $89/MONTH MEMBERSHIP BY 09/16/2018!
Everyone?? Yes, you’ve got 2 weeks to let me know:
I want in on this rad deal! $89/month!
$99 Auto Membership is going out with the fanny pack this year! We all love a good fanny pack, but it’s time to let it go. If you just love your existing membership you’re grandfathered in, so nothing will change, BUT we also have an AWESOME DEAL for you…
Queen City is bringing you more and bringing you our best. We are adding 7 Inferno Hot Pilates and 2 Hot 26+ classes to our schedule on September 3. We are adding Optimized Pricing by giving everyone the opportunity to Opt-in to our SPECIAL Auto Membership: $89/month. Lock in by 09/16/18 and it’s yours! It includes 15% off retail always, free childcare, $10 drop-in for your teens, and 3 buddy passes at time of purchase. Can be put on hold one time for 30 days EVERY year!
New Classes. New Schedule. Optimized Pricing. Beginning September 3, 2018
"Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage." — Brene Brownread more